Homecoming Traditions Race
the Student Alumni Association
This is a competition for Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs), fraternity and sorority chapters, and residence hall associations participating in homecoming week. The Traditions Race will consist of clues leading to 10-15 traditions around campus, and the first three teams to find every tradition will be declared winners.
- Teams must register prior to the event via the Homecoming Registration link.
- Each participating student group can have no more than five members on their Traditions Race team and no more than 1 team registered for the event.
- Like all homecoming events, students groups will be scored based on the division they are registered under (RSOs, IFC, etc.). Participation points will be given to all groups who successfully complete the race, but first, second, and third place groups in each division will be awarded a higher number of points.
- Check-in begins at 3:40 pm with the traditions race starting promptly at 4 pm. If teams are not checked-in prior to the start of 4 pm, they will be unable to participate and will not earn points. Groups will meet representatives from the Student Alumni Association (SAA) at the Nebraska East Union in front of the bowling alley for check-in before the event.
- Participating groups will have 1 hour to complete the scavenger hunt for 10 traditions. All traditions are located on East Campus.
- All traditions are to only be found via the clue provided to the team via the previous check-point (other tradition or starting point).
- All members of the same team must travel together during the traditions race and must travel by foot. The use of scooters, skateboards, bikes, cars, and any other like-items are not allowed unless special permission has been granted prior to the start of the competition due to unique circumstances.
- At each tradition, a photo must be taken of the entire group with the tradition visible.. Photos taken prior to the event or without all group members in the photo will not count. Photos must be appropriate and discretion for the appropriateness lies with SAA representatives.
- All groups will finish at the same location, where representatives from SAA will be present. The time of groups will be clocked and groups must show all photos of the traditions. Time is not recorded for a group until the entire group is present.
- A team that has not completed the traditions race by 5 pm can check-in with a member of SAA to receive half of the participation points as long as at least 5 traditions have been found.
- Any teams that do not check in at the end will be disqualified and will not earn participation points.
- Winners will be announced at Cornstock.
1st Place: 300 points | 2nd Place: 250 points | 3rd Place: 200 points | Participation: 150 points