Showtime at Vine Street Fields
Coordinated by the Campus NightLife
Teams of participants will test their dancing, acting, and singing abilities through this event.
The competition will be separated in the following divisions:
- Residence Halls
- Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs)
- Fraternity & Sorority Groups
- Entry is open to any UNL Residence Hall, Registered Student Organization (RSO) or Greek group. One entry per participating team.
- Entry forms must be submitted online by Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021.
- The Dance contest will be done using a thumb drive provided by the groups participating. Thumb drive must only contain the one track of music that will be used for the performance; the music manager at the performance will not select your track from a list. Only ONE TRACK will be allowed. Thumb drives are to be brought to the Sunday evening rehearsal for soundcheck.
- Any items used during the performance must be taken on and off stage by group members. Stage area must be clean upon your group's exit from the stage. No liquids or glitter may be used.
- A maximum of 14 members are allowed to represent your group on stage.
- Rehearsals will be Sunday, September 26 from 6-8 p.m. Participants will sign up online for one of the two time blocks for the MANDATORY rehearsal. Sign up for the preferred rehearsal time block will be part of the online registration. Total time for performances must be less then 2 minutes. Failure to remain in the allotted time will result in performance point detections. FAILURE TO REHEARSE WILL RESULT IN THE ORGANIZATION BEING DISQUALIFIED.
- All group members competing MUST be present at the performance site on Monday, September 27 at 7 p.m. Any/all groups that report after 7 p.m. will not be allowed to perform.
- Competing members must be present for the whole performance and remain in their reserved seating.
- In accordance with the General Overall Rules for Homecoming 2021, performances containing any material or theme considered disrespectful, inappropriate, or in poor taste, are subject to disqualification.
- Due to the circumstances with COVID-19, your group will be required to wear masks at the rehearsal and throughout the actual performance.
- Clothing apparel must be in good taste. Judges may deduct points if apparel is inappropriate or questionable.
- All performers and attendees must show the Building Access Granted in the Safer Community app to attend.
The Homecoming Steering Committee, ASUN, nor UNL are responsible for injuries to any participants during the Showtime Contest. Decisions of the judges are final. (No assisted flips or jumps.)
Audience Participation Points
1 point per spectator, with a maximum of 30 points for Greek Groups, and maximum of 10 points for Recognized Student Organizations and Residence Halls.
Individual attendance cards will be available at the ASUN office beginning at noon on Thursday, September 23, 2021 through 6:30 p.m. day of the show. These will be collected at the end of the event to tally attendance points.
Performance Points1st Place: 300 points | 2nd Place: 250 points | 3rd Place: 200 points | Participation: 150 points