Showtime at the Coliseum
Coordinated by the Campus NightLife
Teams of participants will test their choreographed dance routine that aligns with the Homecoming theme through this event.
The competition is separated into the following divisions:
- Fraternity and Sorority Groups
- Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs)
- Open Group - students not collectively affiliated with an organization
- Entry is open to any Greek group, Recognized Student Organization (RSO), or an Open group (students not collectively affiliated with an organization).
- Entry forms must be submitted online by Friday, October 13, 2023.
- Participating groups must bring a Flash drive that contains one fully mixed mp3 file for the performance to the Sunday night rehearsal. (NOTE: the music manager will not select your track from a list.) Make sure the Flash drive is clearly labeled with your group name or Triad number.
- Any items used during the performance must be taken on and off stage by group members. The stage area must be clean upon your group's exit from the stage. No liquids or glitter may be used.
- A minimum of 7 and a maximum of 14 members are allowed to represent your group on stage.
- A mandatory rehearsal is Sunday, October 22, 2023, from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Nebraska Union. Participants will sign up online for one of the two-time blocks. Total time for performances must be less than 2 minutes. Failure to remain in the allotted time will result in a performance point deduction. FAILURE TO REHEARSE WILL RESULT IN THE ORGANIZATION BEING DISQUALIFIED.
- All group members competing MUST be present at the Coliseum on Monday, October 23, 2023, at 7 p.m. Any/all groups that report after 7 p.m. will not be allowed to perform.
- Competing members must be present for the entire performance and remain in their reserved seats.
- Any material or theme considered disrespectful, inappropriate, or in poor taste, are subject to disqualification.
- Clothing apparel must be in good taste. Judges may deduct points if apparel is inappropriate or questionable.
- No assisted flips or jumps are permitted during the performance.
The Homecoming Steering Committee, ASUN, nor UNL are NOT responsible for injuries to any participants during the Showtime Competition. The decisions of the judges are final.
Audience Participation Points
1 point per spectator, with a maximum of 12 points for all groups.
For this first time this year, Event Pass will be used to track Audience Participation Points. Event Pass is a a convenient way for you to check in with your smartphone. Speed up your entry into the Coliseum by saving the Event Pass to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay app prior to arriving at the event.
Directions to get your Event Pass
- Log in to NvolveU with your campus login information.
- Click on your initial in the top right of the page after logging in.
- Click on the blue QR code in the top left of the pop-up.
- Take a picture, screenshot, or save your unique QR code to your wallet on your phone.
- Present this QR code to be checked in at the event.
Performance Points1st Place: 300 points | 2nd Place: 250 points | 3rd Place: 200 points | Participation: 150 points