Showtime at Vine Street Fields
Coordinated by the Campus NightLife
Teams of participants will test their dancing and singing abilities through this event.
The competition will be separated in the following divisions:
- Residence Halls
- Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs)
- Fraternity & Sorority Groups
- Entry is open to any UNL Residence Hall, Registered Student Organization (RSO) or Greek group. One entry per participating team.
- Entry forms must be submitted online by Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022.
- The Dance contest will be done using a thumb drive provided by the groups participating. Thumb drive must only contain the one track of music that will be used for the performance; the music manager at the performance will not select your track from a list. Only ONE TRACK will be allowed. Thumb drives are to be brought to the Sunday evening rehearsal for soundcheck. Make sure it is clearly labeled with your group name.
- Any items used during the performance must be taken on and off stage by group members. Stage area must be clean upon your group's exit from the stage. No liquids or glitter may be used.
- A maximum of 14 members are allowed to represent your group on stage.
- Rehearsals will be Sunday, September 25, 2022, from 6-8 p.m. Participants will sign up online for one of the two time blocks for the MANDATORY rehearsal. Sign up for the preferred rehearsal time block will be part of the online registration. Total time for performances must be less than 2 minutes. Failure to remain in the allotted time will result in performance point detections. FAILURE TO REHEARSE WILL RESULT IN THE ORGANIZATION BEING DISQUALIFIED.
- All group members competing MUST be present at the performance site on Monday, September 26, 2022, at 7 p.m. Any/all groups that report after 7 p.m. will not be allowed to perform.
- Competing members must be present for the whole performance and remain in their reserved seating.
- In accordance with the General Overall Rules for Homecoming 2022, performances containing any material or theme considered disrespectful, inappropriate, or in poor taste, are subject to disqualification.
- Clothing apparel must be in good taste. Judges may deduct points if apparel is inappropriate or questionable.
The Homecoming Steering Committee, ASUN, nor UNL are responsible for injuries to any participants during the Showtime Contest. Decisions of the judges are final. (No assisted flips or jumps.)
Audience Participation Points
1 point per spectator, with a maximum of 30 points for Greek Groups, and maximum of 10 points for Recognized Student Organizations and Residence Halls.
Individual attendance cards will be available at the ASUN office beginning at noon on Wednesday, September 21, 2022, until 4 p.m. Friday, September 23, 2022. Card pick up also will be available on Monday, September, 26, noon until 6 p.m. on the day of the show. These will be collected at the end of the event to tally attendance points.
Performance Points1st Place: 300 points | 2nd Place: 250 points | 3rd Place: 200 points | Participation: 150 points