What Can I Do If The Child's Father Claims To Not Be the Father?

You may sue a man whom you believe is the father of your child. The court may order the father to pay for reasonable expenses for the pregnancy and childbirth, along with monetary support for the child. The mother´s attorney fees and court costs may also be paid by the father. If you file the suit you will have the burden of proving the father´s identity. This can be shown through any admissions the father made, or through a blood test.

If the mother receives any public assistance and names the father of the child, the issue of paternity will be turned over to the county attorney and a paternity lawsuit will be filed against the father.