Can I Get A Free Attorney To Represent Me?

The Student Legal Services´ attorneys provide court representation to students charged with misdemeanors in Lancaster County but not felonies. Students charged with a felony or a misdemeanor outside of Lancaster County need to hire a private attorney or request the appointment of the Public Defender.

Public Defenders are attorneys appointed by the court to represent defendants who cannot afford to hire their own attorneys.

If Student Legal Services cannot represent you, we can give you suggestions on how to obtain legal representation.