What Should I Do About The Utilities When I Move Out?

When you are vacating an apartment and the utility account is in your name, contact the utility company by telephone and in writing well in advance (30 days) of the date you are vacating to make sure your service will be terminated and your name will be removed from the account. Keep a copy of the letter. (See Utility Letter).