You are obligated to abide by rules set by the landlord if all the following conditions are met:
- A house rule must be reasonably related to one of these purposes:
- promote the safety and welfare of tenants
- preserve the landlord´s property from abuse
- make a fair distribution of services and facilities for all tenants
- The house rule must apply to all tenants fairly
- The house rule must be sufficiently explicit in its prohibition, direction or limitation.
- The tenant must have notice of the rule at the time the rental agreement is made or, if the rule is adopted later, the tenant must have reasonable notice and the rule must not work a substantial modification of the bargain.(§ 76-1422, § 76-1431)