2023 ASUN Homecoming Application
- March 20, 2023 - Application open
- April 10, 2023 - Applications due
- TBD - Notification date for interviews
(All applicants will receive an email informing them whether or not they have been selected for an interview.)
Who can apply for Homecoming Royalty?
Any full-time students with at least 75 hours completed and a 2.75 cumulative GPA are eligible to apply.
There are three (3) separate application tracks: Academics, Athletics, and Involvement.
- Academics is not meant solely for high GPA or honors students. It is for those that have made an impact through academics, such as TA’s, research assistants, tutors, etc.
- Athletics is not limited to University of Nebraska varsity sports. Sports like intramural sports, horseback riding, club sports, etc. are included.
- Involvement includes all university and community organizations with the exception of athletics (e.g. RSOs, fraternities, sororities, volunteer organizations in the university and Lincoln community).
- Grade Release
All applicants must be full-time students, completed at least 75 hours (by the end of Spring 2023), and have a 2.75 cumulative GPA. You must give permission for Student Affairs to check your grades during the application process.
- Resume & Essays
There is a prompt asking you to upload your current resume in PDF format. You'll also need to complete essays that answer these two prompts:
- Reflecting on your time as a Husker, how have you grown in the key learning goals and outcomes Learn, Include, Lead and Engage, as outlined by Student Affairs?
- Describe your campus contributions to this one aim of UNL’s N2025 Strategic Plan: create a climate at Nebraska that emphasizes, priorities, and expands inclusive excellence and diversity.
- Involvement Experiences
Each applicant must highlight their contributions and experiences in detail for two involvements related to their specific track. Involvements can be on or off campus, although on campus is preferred.
Homecoming Royalty Finalists are required to attend some homecoming events.
- The Homecoming Royalty application has professional expectations. Proofread and spell-check your application before submitting. It is highly encouraged to use the UNL Writing Center or a faculty/staff member to check for grammatical errors.
- Be specific and concise about each experience, activity, and leadership position.
- Judges will not look just for spread of impact on campus and in the Lincoln community, but also depth of impact.
- Reflect on all experiences you have had at UNL and be sure to include each of them.
Contact the ASUN Homecoming Royalty Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.