Do I Have To Report Any Suspicions I Have That Someone Is Abusing Children?

If you have reasonable cause to believe a child is being abused or neglected, you are under a duty of law to report your suspicions. (Neb. Rev. Stat. § 28-711)

Where Do I Report? Dial 911 if the child is in immediate danger. You can also call the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-652-1999. This phone number is available 24 hours a day.

What Happens After I Make My Report? Once you make a report, Child Protective Services makes an investigation into the charge. CPS notifies the person who is suspected of abusing or neglecting a child of the charge.