What Can I Do When I Feel Harassed?

If you think the collection agency is harassing you or using threatening methods and making false statements, get legal advice or file a complaint. Complaints can be filed with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office by calling 402-471-2682 or toll-free, 1-800-727-6432. You can also visit the Attorney General's website. Complaints can also be filed with the Federal Trade Commission or toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP. A collection agency that uses illegal collection methods can be sued in state or federal court. If you win you may recover money damages, court costs and attorney fees.