Yes. Education records are generally only released by written consent, but there are exceptions. Some of the major exceptions are:
- Authorized auditors from state and federal programs. For example, The Department of Education, the United States´ Attorney General´s Office and educational authorities from the State of Nebraska.
- Personnel from the University with a legitimate educational interest.
- Person(s) providing financial aid to you.
- In emergency situations, information can be given out if necessary to protect a student or another student´s health or safety.
- To read other exceptions, go to http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html.