Where Should I Report A Travel Scam?

  • Local Resources: Contact your local law enforcement first. In Lincoln contact the Lincoln Police Department at (402) 441-6000 and UNLPD at (402) 472-2222. File a complaint with the Nebraska Attorney General´s Consumer Protection Division -- (402) 471-2682 or toll-free at 1-800-727-6432 or online at http://www.ago.state.ne.us/. Call the local Better Business Bureau at (402) 391-7612  or file a complaint online at https://www.bbb.org/nebraska/.

    Federal Resources: You can also report a scam to The Federal Trade Commission online at www.ftc.gov, which accepts complaints, tracks travel fraud and shares that information with consumers. You can also search the web to see if a specific scam is being reported by other consumers.