What If My Spouse And I Disagree On Issues of Property, Custody Or Support?

You can try to resolve these issues by having your attorney negotiate with your spouse´s attorney. This can get very expensive very fast.

Some people try to resolve disputed issues through mediation. You and your spouse sit down with mediators and try to work out an agreement on as many issues as you can. If mediation fails you will have to negotiate through your attorney or go to trial on the disputed issues and let the judge decide for you.

In Lincoln, contact The Mediation Center at (402) 441-5740 or go to their web site at: www.themediationcenter.org.

For more information on how mediation can help separating parents develop a care-plan for the children, see: https://supremecourt.nebraska.gov/programs-services/mediation.